- Arrive at church 15 minutes prior to the scheduled service.
- Place the bulletins and offering plates at both entrances to the sanctuary (both are in usher's closet).
- Turn sanctuary lights on (light board on east rear wall of sanctuary).
- Check ceiling fans. Winter services, fan is on. Summer services, fan is off.
- Greet people in the sanctuary and offer them a bulletin.
- Close sanctuary doors when the service begins.
- During the service, count attendance and record on CLIP BOARD hanging in usher's room.
- Direct visitors as needed (bathrooms, fellowship, adult forum, unisex bathroom has a changing table, etc.)
- Pass plates beginning from the center aisle; skip a row since the 1st plate will be passed back in the second row.
- When the sanctuary is in a 3-section set up, receive the offering from both aisles sharing the center section.
- Present the offering plates during the offering response via center aisle to the pastor and return to the rear of the sanctuary.
- At the conclusion of the service take the offering plates to the workroom and place in finance cabinet.
On Communion Sundays:
- Usher people from the center aisle forward to the alter, starting with the left side.
Following the Service:
- Pick up bulletins left on chairs or the floor.
- Replace hymnals to shelves under chairs.
- If the offering plates have not been removed from the altar, take them to the workroom and put money in the bank bag in the Finance mailbox.
- Turn off lights after 2nd service.